The COMCEC Coordination Office (CCO) provides secretariat services to the COMCEC. The CCO is hosted by the Government of Chairman of the COMCEC and based in Ankara. It ensures the organization of the COMCEC meetings as well as the preparation of the relevant documents to be submitted to the COMCEC Sessions and the Follow-up Committee Meetings. It coordinates the implementation of the COMCEC Strategy. The CCO communicates with the Member States, the OIC Institutions and other international organizations with a view to ensuring effective cooperation.
According to the Article 13 of the Statute of the COMCEC, the functions and responsibilities of the COMCEC Coordination Office (CCO) are defined as follows:
- The CCO, hosted by the Government of Chairman of the COMCEC, shall serve as the Secretariat of the COMCEC.
- The CCO shall ensure the organization of the meetings under the work of the COMCEC and the preparation of the relevant documents, including, studies, reports, presentations, resolutions …etc.
- The CCO shall coordinate the implementation and review of the Strategy and submit progress reports to the COMCEC Sessions and Follow-up Committee Meetings. The CCO shall issue the Program Implementation Guideline of the Strategy and the relevant documents.
- The CCO shall undertake activities with the Member States, the OIC Institutions and other international organizations in order to realize the objectives of the COMCEC.
- The CCO shall conduct or coordinate the necessary studies for improving economic and commercial cooperation under the COMCEC when deemed necessary. The CCO may draft framework documents and programs upon the request by the Chairman.
- The CCO shall communicate with the Member States, the OIC Institutions and other international organizations regarding the meetings, programs, projects and activities of the COMCEC to ensure effective cooperation.
- The CCO shall regularly brief the Chairman regarding the activities of the COMCEC and seek his guidance for enhanced performance and effective functioning.
- The CCO shall consult with the Chairman’s Office regarding the organizational matters of the Meetings.
- The CCO shall be responsible for the dispatch of invitations and documents of meetings of the COMCEC.
- The CCO shall apprise the Council of Foreign Ministers of the resolutions of the COMCEC.
- The CCO shall participate in the Council of Ministers and Summit Meetings. The General Secretariat of the OIC shall ensure invitation of the CCO to the said fora.