The Extraordinary Session of the Islamic Summit Conference was held in Istanbul on 18 May 2018 upon the invitation of the Chairman of the Islamic Summit, H.E. President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, as a result of the brutal massacre of pacifist Palestinian demonstrators by Israel and the official opening of the Embassy of the USA in Al-Quds by violating international law and all relevant UN Resolutions. The issues highlighted in the Final Declaration of the Summit which was organized with the participation of the Heads of State and Government and the relevant ministers of the OIC member countries are as follows;
- Call for the international protection of the Palestinian population including through dispatching of international protection force.
- Request the OIC General Secretariat to act immediately to establish an international independent Committee of Experts to investigate the crimes and massacres committed by the Israeli forces against the peaceful and unarmed demonstrators in the Gaza Strip, to determine the culpability of the Israeli officials and communicate the findings to relevant international bodies.
- Reiterate its rejection of the illegal decision of the President of the United States to recognize Al-Quds as the so-called capital of Israel and reject it as null and void,
- Consider that any state that follows, accepts or acquiesces in the U.S. Administration’s move or any similar step adopted by other countries is complicit in undermining international law and order; express its determination to respond to these shameful actions with appropriate measures and to take appropriate political, economic and other measures against the countries that recognize Al-Quds as the capital of Israel or move the Embassies there; in this regards mandate the General Secretariat to prepare recommendations on appropriate measures that can be implemented;
Please click to access the full text of the Final Declaratio
We do condemn the systematic massacre by the Israeli Government against the Palestinian civilians protesting the 70th anniversary of Nakba (the great disaster) since 30 March 2018. We also deem all parties remaining silent to this atrocities as the ones joining such a manslaughter and crime.
In addition, we do strongly condemn the transfer of the US Embassy to Al Quds, corresponding to the 70th anniversary of the occupation of the Palestinian territory (Nakba) by Israel which is a serious violation of the international law and the will of the international community as represented by the UN General Assembly Resolution on December 21st, 2017. This decision of the USA supports the terror policies of the occupying country, Israel. We declare that we deem such a decision of the USA as null and void.
May Allah bless the souls of the Palestinian brothers, sisters and children who fell martyr for the cause of Al Quds. We also wish speed recovery to the injured brothers and sisters. We would like to kindly encourage all the OIC Members States to ensure the highest level of attendance to the Extraordinary Summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to be held in Istanbul on 18 May 2018.
The 34th meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the COMCEC was held at the Ankara Hilton Hotel on May 9th-10th, 2018.
Click for the details.
COMCEC Coordination Office:
Necatibey Cad. No:110/A 06580 Ankara-TÜRKİYE
- Phone: (90) (312) 294 57 10
- Fax: (90)(312) 294 57 77 – (90)(312) 294 57 79
- e-Mail: email@example.com
- Trade Preferential System among the Member States of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (TPS-OIC) came into effect in July 1st, 20221 August 2022 - 16:51
- Project Management Training Program for the COMCEC COVID Response Projects was held on June 30th, 202220 July 2022 - 16:54
- An online training program on the implementation process of the projects under the COMCEC Project Funding was held on June 29th, 202219 July 2022 - 12:02